Today was way fun. I did the tiny bugs I wanted to add.
Then I painted twirly bits of light on the moss and reworked the green apple. I'm really close, maybe less than a week away from done. I just have to scumble another layer on the background and highlight the yarn. I had so much fun with the bugs today I might find a place to add a honeybee, a beetle and an ant.
Yesterday I did a bit of the texture on the wood, and some of the detail on the honey comb. Today I worked on the sugar bowl, spoon and sugar cane. I need to rework the drapery, smooth it out, just get more paint on it. It will have to dry another week first.
Drying may be quicker because Robert built me a drying box; an aluminum foil-lined, 30x40" box with four UV bulbs attached to the sides. 'The windows of the drying room now glow a lurid violet. Apparently they are the same lights pot growers use to raise marijuana in the basement, so I should brace myself for an unscheduled visit from the DEA. heh.